New for 2020 at the Barrie Ski Swap and Open House at Snow Valley
More convenience, more chances to sell your gear!
✔ This year’s swap runs over two weekends – 44 hours of public sales over six day
✔ Extended Public Receiving hours for accepting equipment on consignmen
- Wednesday October 28th from noon to 8 pm
- Thursday October 29th from noon to 8 pm
- Wednesday November 4th from noon to 8 pm
Come during the afternoon hours to avoid the crowds!
It’s easy to sell your gear
- Bring your equipment to Snow Valley between noon and 8 pm on one of the three Public Receiving Days – October 28th, 29th or November 4th.
- Swap staff can help you set a fair price
- Pay a registration fee of $2 per item.
- Monitor the sales status of your equipment online to see if it’s sold.
- Pick up your cheque and/or unsold equipment between 5 and 7 pm on Sunday, November 8th or,
- If all your items sell, stay at home and let us mail you a cheque for the proceeds.
Five Tips for Selling your Gear:
- Would you buy it? – equipment should be gently used and in good condition.
- Ski bindings over 10 years old can no longer be serviced by a licensed ski technician. As such, we do not accept them for sale.
- Snowboard bindings must be installed on a board – not sold as a standalone item.
- Make your gear shine & sparkle!
- Wipe the dirt, dust and grime off your boots, skis or snowboard.
- Close boot buckles and lace up boots to restore their shape.
- Remove any rust off the edges of skis and boards with some steel wool.
- Stay informed - Track the sales status of your gear online.
- Avoid the crowds - Have the proceeds mailed to you if all your gear sells.
- De-clutter - Donate your unsold equipment to charity.
Public Receiving Fine Print:
- Canadian Ski Patrol deducts a sales commission of 25% from the selling price of each public receiving item sold.
- Only alpine skis, snowboards and ski/snowboard boots are eligible for sale.
- No poles, helmets clothing or Nordic gear this year.
- Your equipment remains at the same selling price for the duration of the swap. No re-pricing after it’s entered for sale.
- Unsold equipment will be available for pick-up at Snow Valley from 5 to 7 pm Sunday, November 8th. After that you can make arrangements to pick it up the Canadian Ski Patrol Office, 750 Oakdale Rd Toronto (Hwy 400 & Finch Ave).
- Unclaimed equipment becomes the property of the Canadian Ski Patrol.